Sunday, January 16, 2011

Blake's Surgery

Blake underwent his second surgery in a year and half.  Both were to put ear tubes in.  His first set went in when he was 11 months old and fell out around October of this year.  With his still chronic problems, we went ahead and scheduled for the second set to be placed and to have his adenoids removed.  Thankfully we did not have to remove his tonsils, however the doctor was not optimistic that they wouldn't have to be removed in a few years.  I will cross my fingers that he doesn't because the recover from this was bad enough.  He was a little cranky for the first two days but seems to be almost back to himself today.  I don't think that surgical wards are meant for pediatric patients, they didnt even have a bed for him to lay in when we left recovery.  They wanted me to hold him on my lap in a chair and still take care of Kaelyn.  Shane was not able to be there the whole time because he was finishing up his paperwork at recruiting school.  So anyway, i convinced them to get us a bed so I could lay him down and let him sleep.  Once he took a short nap, he was much better and we were able to go home.  I am hoping that this surgery does the trick and the ear infections and chronic congestion will be finally be over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment