Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wow, It's March

Wow, I can't believe it's March and I haven't blogged since January.  Sorry!! Things have been crazy busy around here and sleep training Kaelyn was a major issue that caused me to seriously go temporarily insane.  I though I would be the nice mommy and not cut off her night nursing cold turkey but apparently that just made her more mad and we had quite a few nights in a row with awake time totaling greater than 5 hours.  Boy was I a grumpy momma.  So after consulting at least half a dozen sleep training books, none of which helped me, my doctor told me.  "She is healthy, she does not need to eat for at least 10-12 hours"  Okay, so I cut her off and on the fourth night she was sleeping from 7-5:00.  5:00am sucks, but I will take it.  It would it all be wonderful if Blake hadn't decided that he will NOT pee in a diaper or a pull up even at night.  He hasn't quite mastered the pulling down of pants and underwear while still half sleeping so Shane or I have to get up and help him pee at night.  I know I should be thanking my lucky stars that my 2 1/2 year old is night trained already, but at this point in time, I just want to get some SLEEP.  Things have calmed down, he is only getting up once to pee(usually) and Kaelyn is sleeping through the night on a fairly consistent basis.  I have made the decision that I am going to return to work at some point in the near future.  Probably at the end of summer because there are alot of fun summer things to do here in San Diego and we are hoping to make it back to the East Coast sometime in June or July. 
The kids are getting so big, Kaelyn is now a little over 8 months old. She is crawling pretty well, pulling herself up and starting to cruise around.  She still doesnt have any teeth, but my kids don't get teeth forever. She boycotted baby food from the get go and so has been eating whatever we eat as finger food for about 2 months now.
Blake has been binky free for 4 nights now.  He was only getting one in his room for nap and night for months and we decided that the potty training was more important so we tackled that first.  Blake's godparent's had their first baby on 3/8/11, a beautiful baby girl!!  Blake packed up all of his binky's and "mailed" them to her since he was a big boy and she was a baby.  Has only asked for them twice the first night. My little boy is really growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment